Thessaloniki Wastewater Treatment Plant
Extension and Completion, Technical Assistance, Greece
Year of Completion:
• Assistance for Project Management
• Master Plan • Review of final designs and of construction drawings, prepared by the contracting J.V. • Design and T.D. of septage and industrial liquid wastes treatment units
• Supervision of construction (similar to FIDIC Conditions) • Environmental impact considerations • Participation / supervision during trial operations and commissioning
• Monitoring of the construction quality programme and hygiene and safety in construction • Reporting on physical and economical progress • Expert advice
• Supervision of Research programmes
• Preparation of funding application submitted to the EU Cohesion Fund
The second largest city of Greece, Thessaloniki, is served by a WWTP at a design capacity of ca. 1,400,000 PE by the year 2015.
Works of Stage II mainly concern the extension and completion of the existing installations for the complete biological treatment of the city's
wastewater, including nitrogen removal for disposal of effluent to a sensitive marine environment (Thermaikos gulf).
Technical Assistance for the Construction of Sewerage Main Collector System and WWTP
Storm Water, Wastewater Disposal & Treatment Plant, Athens, Greece
Village Sewerage Networks, Wastewater Collection and Conduit to existing WWTP