El Ouldja Irrigation Dam, Algeria
Geological and Geotechnical Investigations, Detailed Design and Tender Documents
Year of Completion:
• Geological, geotechnical, geophysical investigations and topographical works
• Studies : hydrological, geotechnical, geological, of seismicity, of alternatives, environmental and water quality, of the risk in case of dam rupture, of the catchment basin, profitability, hydraulic model
• Detailed Design
• Tender Documents.
The project consists of the El Ouldja dam and auxiliary works. The site of the El Ouldja dam in the Oued El Arab is located approximately 80 km south-west of Khenchela, the main city
of the prefecture of Khenchela.
El Ouldja dam will be used for the irrigation needs of the area.
The technical characteristics of the dam
• Catchment basin area : 1,333km2
• Height (max) : 88.85m
• Type : RCC
• Total capacity : 90.10 Hm3
• Capacity (usable) : 59.00 Hm3
Development of Systems & Tools
Construction Drawings and Supervision of Works
Project Management & Technical Consultant